Dandara Living
 / 
City Wharf
SiteDesign ProposalCommunity VisionDandara LivingGet Involved

Design proposal

Our proposed designs respond to the prominent location of the site which is a key gateway to the city centre and highly visible to the 150,000 people who daily use the adjoining Kingston Bridge.

We have sought to design and nurture an attractive, sustainable new community that integrates into the city’s adjoining districts and where residents and the local community feel safe and welcome.

Development blocks overview 1456x826px
Development blocks 3dview lookingsouthwest 1456x826px
Illustration piccadillyst 1456x826px
Landscaping between bc blocks 1456x826px

Site

There are three distinct buildings proposed that include a tower fronting onto the River Clyde, which acts as a visual landmark and gateway when viewed from the Kingston Bridge.

Since our previous consultation in 2022, the mix of accommodation has changed to include student apartments to the north of the site in building A, whilst maintaining residential apartments in buildings B and C closest to the river.

503 Residential Apartments
503 Residential Apartments
3,600 sqft of Commercial Space
3,600 sqft of Commercial Space
40 Parking Spaces
40 Parking Spaces
Over 870 Cycle Spaces
Over 870 Cycle Spaces
490 Student Homes
490 Student Homes
Residential Amenity Spaces
Residential Amenity Spaces
Tree-lined Plaza
Tree-lined Plaza
Podium Terrace
Podium Terrace
Park
Park
Block b elevation picadilly street 1456x826px

Residential Homes

Blocks B and C

The updated proposals for City Wharf will provide around 503 new homes consisting of studio, one-bedroom, two bedroom and three-bedroom apartments. All of which will be managed and operated by an on-site presence from Dandara Living. All Build to Rent homes are fully furnished with furniture options for residents and a shared gym, social and workspaces are all included within the monthly rent. The two and three-bedroom apartments have been designed with families in mind.

Block a elevation picadilly street 1456x826px

Student Homes

Block A

The revised proposals include around 490 student homes. Around 22% of these will be studio apartments including private kitchenette, study space and en-suite bathroom. The remaining 78% of homes will be co-living suites, which have shared living and kitchen spaces, and private en-suite bedrooms with their own study space.

The proposal includes a significant amenity provision providing the student residents further spaces to socialise, study and exercise.

Building height 3dview 1456x826px
Building height kingston bridge elevevation 1456x826px

Building Heights

The design of the proposed development maintains the key design principles established by the previous planning permission, including stepped up arrangement of heights and overall footprint across three separate buildings.

This is a prominent gateway location which merits a taller landmark building.

  • Block A to the north of the site, along Piccadilly Street, is Purpose Built Student Accommodation of 8 storeys.
  • Block B is centrally located and designed to 10 storeys.
  • Block C next to the riverside featuring the tower with stepped levels from 9 to 26 storeys at its highest point.

1 / 2

Landscaping

Landscape image2 1456x826px
Landscape courtyard jan23 1456x826px

A linear park extends fully along the length of the site, providing a buffer between the accommodation and the Kingston Bridge and providing the city with significant new urban park for the residents of Glasgow to enjoy.

The arrangement of courtyard spaces between the buildings provides additional private amenity spaces for the residents. The new proposal increases the size of the proposed ‘Anderston Plaza’, a new public square for the public to enjoy views onto the River Clyde waterfront. River Clyde waterfront. Enhanced landscaping and tree planting aims to improve the ecological value of the area.


Sustainability

  • Redevelopment of a derelict brownfield site
  • Highly accessible for public transport
  • Proximity to city centre and services
  • Fabric first approach to minimise carbon
  • Air Source Heat Pump for hot water generation
  • Sustainable materials sourcing including high levels of recycled materials
  • Targeting Biodiversity Net Gain
  • Targeting BREEAM and HQM Accreditations
Landscape sustainability movement 826x1456px

Recent Developments

Chapel wharf club kitchen 1456x826px
House Lounge LS 001 33pc
Chapel wharf gym 1456x826px
Ap club room b 1456x826px

Navigation

Contact

Vertex, 2nd Floor
Stamford Street
Altrincham
WA14 1EX

Send an email

RESI Awards 2021 Finalist Logo

Company number: 13649608 | © Dandara Living 2023